Americanadebaterías.com is the publisher of the Americanadebaterías.com service and, hereafter, it will be referred to as"Battery American" for the purposes of this document.
Americana De Baterías attaches great importance to the protection of your private life and personal data and has always been committed to using the Personal Data of your customers and prospects only to the extent necessary for the proper functioning of the website www.americanadebaterías.com and the provision of its offers and services. Personal Data refers to information about natural persons, identified or identifiable, directly or indirectly (hereinafter referred to as "Personal Data").
In accordance with the provisions of LO 3/2018 of December 5 on the Protection of Personal Data and Guarantee of Digital Rights,we inform you that your data will be incorporated into the treatment system owned by AMERICANA DE BATERÍAS S.L
The collection and processing that we carry out is carried out in compliance with the current legal framework applicable to the protection of personal data and, in particular, the European Regulation 2016/679 of 27 April 2016, (hereinafter, the "Regulation").
The purpose of this Personal Data Protection Policy is therefore to provide you with a more detailed description of how we process your Personal Data, to explain to you the cases in which we collect it, the reasons for its collection and what we do with it (hereinafter, the "Policy").
This Policy applies to Americana customers, prospects and visitors when browsing the website www.americanadebaterías.es (hereinafter, the "Site"). The Policy is an integral part of the General Terms and Conditions of Sale of the Site.
Who Processes Your Personal Data?
Americana Batteries is responsible for the collection and processing of your Personal Data. We implement processing dedicated to services and the management of relationships with our customers and prospects so that each of them can buy batteries.
Americana Batteries applies measures to ensure the confidentiality, security and integrity of the customer's personal data, and undertakes that its service providers to which certain services subcontract will guarantee the same level of security as their own.
When Do We Collect Your Personal Data?
Throughout our relationship, you may need to provide us with your personal data when:
- create an account on the Site;
- buy our products or services;
- contact our after-sales service, file a complaint or, in general, when you contact our customer service teams and, in general, when you have any other direct contact with our teams;
- subscribe to the newsletter, participate in marketing studies or a contest, or propose to leave opinions on the Site and share them with the customer community;
What Personal Data Do We Collect?
When you use our Site and services, we collect and process your Personal Data. Personal Data collected by Americana from batteries includes the following data:
- Nominative data of marital status and contact: first name, last name, telephone numbers, postal addresses, email address.
- Connection data: IP address.
- Data relating to transactions made on the Site: customer number, invoice numbers, package numbers, order history, sales numbers and order numbers.
- Data relating to your communications with our customer service: voice, if you have not objected to your recording.
For What Purposes Do We Process Your Personal Information?
For some treatments, we ask for specific consent. In such cases, you can withdraw it at any time.
American Batteries only processes your Personal Data for one of the following legally authorized purposes:
- The execution of a contract, for example, to process and execute an order;
- Compliance with a legal obligation, e.g. the retention of invoices;
- In Americana's legitimate interest in batteries;
- When you have given your consent to the processing of your Personal Data.
Examples of legitimate interests provided for in the Regulation are fraud prevention, direct marketing and data sharing within a group of companies.
To secure your Americana payments, Americana's batteries use automated decision-making systems. These treatments aimed at combating fraud, based on various parameters (purchase volume, basket amount, frequency, etc.), allow you to set an order score. The result established based on such score and the elements thereof are transmitted to Americana's battery payment service providers and the issuing banks of the Customer's payment method to ensure access to its accounts. This processing and the modalities governing its communication apply to comply with the requirements of the European Payment Services Directive.
Here we explain the purpose of the processing the legal basis and the Categories of personal data :
- Pre-sales service (advice, information, budget, follow-up) by email, chat or phone. Contract. Nominative data of marital status and contact; battery data; data relating to transactions made on the Site.
- Management of your customer account, orders, deliveries, invoices. Contract. Nominative data of marital status and contact; battery data; data relating to transactions made on the Site.
- Management of the relationship with the customer (phone, chat, email), order tracking, after-sales service, return of products and refunds. Contract. Nominative data of marital status and contact; battery data; data relating to transactions made on the Site.
- Electronic commercial prospecting. Consent. Nominative data of marital status and contact; battery data; data relating to transactions made on the Site.
- Analysis and performance of our site to improve the content, products and services of the same. Americana's legitimate interest in batteries. Connection data
- Personalized advertising or behavioral advertising. Consent. Connection data
- Statistical studies, marketing studies and analysis, to improve our services and offers.
- American's legitimate interest in batteries. Battery data; data relating to transactions made on the Site.
- Participation in contests. Consent. Nominative data of marital status and contact.
- Product recall campaign. Legal obligations. Nominative data of marital status and contact; data relating to transactions made on the Site.
- Measurement and analysis of customer experience (collection of customer reviews on products, offers and services).
- American's legitimate interest in batteries. Nominative data of marital status and contact; data relating to transactions made on the Site.
- Training, measurement and improvement of the quality of the Service.
- Consetition . Data relating to your communications with our customer service.
- Ensure the cyber security of the website and its maintenance in operational conditions.
- Legal obligations. Connection data (see paragraph 8: Definition and function of cookies).
- Promotional information or messages about products and services similar to those already requested on our site. American's legitimate interest.
- Nominative contact data ; data relating to transactions made on the Site.
How long will your Personal Data be kept?
For the purposes of processing related in particular to the creation of your customer account and the history of your transactions on the Site, your Personal Data is retained for as long as you are an "active" customer and for a period of (5) five years from your last activity, for example, the purchase, connection to your account or the expiration of a warranty.
For billing, accounting and tax purposes, your personal data is retained for a period of (10) ten years in compliance with our legal obligations.
Your communications are kept for as long as necessary for the purpose for which they are intended and up to a maximum of 6 months. These records are kept securely and only authorized persons, within the limits of their respective competences, have access to them.
Who Do We Transfer Your Personal Data to?
We do not share your Personal Data with third parties outside our internal departments, who are duly authorized to process your Personal Data for the specific purposes referred to in section 3.
However, we may transfer your Personal Data to duly authorized third party service providers with which we work, i.e. to certain specialized service providers for the following specific purposes:
-Bank transactions (e.g. banks, payment service providers);
-Management of customer relations (e.g. call centers);
-After-sales service (e.g. specialized centers);
-Delivery of products (e.g. carriers);
-Information (e.g. sending the order confirmation email), and customer experience (e.g. sending satisfaction surveys to measure customer satisfaction with our brand, opinions about our products or services).
In the latter case, Americana de Baterías and its subcontractors have the possibility to contact the User by email to invite you, without compensation, to submit an online opinion about the value for money of the Product purchased on the Site or to share your experience as an American battery customer.
Submission of a review is reserved only to Americana battery customers, a view that must necessarily relate to a personal and individual living consumption experience.
The User's evaluation is considered based on the number of stars awarded (maximum 5). The User assigns a rating that should reflect the positive points and points of improvement that he/she has identified during his/her consumption experience on the Site and that are intended to advise Americana customers or future customers of batteries in their decision to purchase on the Site (product testing, ordering process, deadlines and contact with Americana's battery services, etc.).
When we use international service providers located outside the European Union, all necessary measures and formalities are taken to ensure and protect the confidentiality of your Personal Data and to ensure the security of the transfer thereof..
What Are Your Rights And How Can You Exercise Them?
You have a right to information, as well as a right of access, rectification, limitation, opposition, erasure, deletion and portability of your Personal Data, which you may exercise for legitimate reasons, and subject to the legitimate and compelling reasons that American batteries may justify in order to retain your Personal Data.
You have the right to request:
Access to and rectification of your Personal Data. Please note that you can view and modify your personal data at any time from the "My Account" section.
Limitation of the processing of your Personal Data.
It is important to note that this right only applies if you have a legitimate reason to enforce. For example: question the accuracy of your Data, defend or exercise your rights in court.
The deletion of your personal data. Note that once your customer account has been deleted, you will no longer be able to:
-View your order history;
-View or download your invoices;
-Consult your refunds;
-Use your coupons or vouchers;
-Return new, set-off or warranty parts, benefiting from the return label at a preferential price.
Exercise your right of opposition to the treatments used for commercial prospecting purposes. If you are concerned about email prospecting, you can unsubscribe from newsletters by clicking on the hypertext link to unsubscribe, present in each commercial communication.
Revocation of your consent. Please note that the revocation of your consent, possible at any time, will not affect the legality of the processing operations carried out before the revocation of your consent.
You also have the right to formulate specific and general post-mortem guidelines regarding the retention, deletion and communication of your Data.
In order to exercise your rights, which you may do at any time, you must send us your exercise request as follows:
-Electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating your first name, last name and email address
-By post accompanied by proof of identity to the address: AMERICANA DE BATERIAS Av. Domingo Bueno, 132, 36400
O Porriño, Pontevedra (Spain)
Requests sent to Americans for batteries must contain your personal information identical to that provided when you created your customer account (first name, last name, email). A copy of the proof of identity will be required for processing, in the event of a request sent by post and/or email other than the customer's account.
We will send you a response within (1) month from the date we receive your request. In some cases, due to the complexity of the application or the number of applications, this period may be extended by 2 months.
We have appointed a Personal Data Protection Officer (hereinafter referred to as the "RPD") to the AEPD to demonstrate our commitment to respect your privacy and your rights in your Personal Data.
In case of a complaint, you can contact the Americana Battery Data Protection Officer by email at the following address email@example.com.
If you believe that the processing of your data has not complied with current regulations, you can submit a complaint to the competent supervisory authority (in Spain, the AEPD).
Americana de Batteries will at all times endeavour to establish appropriate mechanisms to obtain the user's consent for the installation of cookies that require it. However, it should be borne in mind that in accordance with the law, it will be understood that the user of his/her consent does modify the browser settings by disabling the restrictions that prevent the entry of cookies and that the said consent will not be necessary for the installation of cookies that are strictly necessary for the provision of a service expressly requested by the user.
Technical cookies: These are those that allow the user to browse through a website, platform or application and the use of the different options or services that exist in it, such as, for example, control traffic and data communication, identify the session, access the restricted access parts, remember the elements that make up an order, make the process of buying an order, making the request for registration or participation in an event, using security elements during navigation, storing content for the dissemination of videos or are or sharing content through social networks.
Personalization cookies: These are those that allow the user to access the service with some predefined general features based on a series of criteria in the user's terminal, for example the language, the type of browser through which he accesses the service, the locale from where he accesses the service, etc.
Analysis cookies: These are those that allow the person responsible for them, the monitoring and analysis of the behavior of the users of the websites to which they are linked. The information collected through this type of cookies is used in the measurement of the activity of the websites, application or platform and for the elaboration of browsing profiles of the users of those sites, applications and platforms, in order to introduce improvements based on the analysis of the usage data made by the users of the service.